Sunday 20 December 2015

Christmas Reads (that aren't all that Christmassy)

Now that we're on the Christmas holidays, and i finally have spare time again,  I felt I should address my poor neglected blog.  I thought i'd run over the books i'm currently reading (as there are a lot of them). 

I’ve been very non-committal with my reading habits lately, fluctuating between a few different books and never finishing them. I’ve had a pretty busy Uni month and haven’t found a lot of time to commit extensively to one book which has left me with a pile of half read, unfinished books.


I started reading this the week after it came out in September and am loving it so far. The premise is fantastic – it’s a story about the rest of the people in a YA Novel when there is a “chosen one” in the spotlight. (Ahem every YA Dystopian book ever). Patrick Ness’ writing is so solid and his characters are always diverse and complex and he is very A plus.

This was a major impulse buy as I originally wasn’t that interestesd  in reading it but I kept seeing great things, and I did really love fangirl so I bought it. And my god is it great and is making my heart very happy. Simon and Baz are adorable, are click so well and this is definitely one of those books I could re-read time an dtime again, and not get bored.


n     The time has come, as it does every December, to re-read a Christmas themed book and this year I opted for Let It Snow. It consists of 3 short stories all set around a waffle house. All the characters pop up in other people's stories which makes for a fun and exciting. However, i don't know quite what happened this year, but I became a little bit bored of the stories (maybe it's a sign I've read it too many times)

This was the first graphic novel I bought and it is incredibly cute, with beautiful drawings and hilarious dialogue. It weighs the same size as a fridge, and it’s currently my bedtime reading which is why it’s taking me a while to get through it. But I would definitely recommend it to people who want to try their first graphic novel!



I bought Rachel's first graphic novel “House Party” at YALC in the summer and it was fantastic so I hunted her down when I went to MCM Expo a few months ago! I didn’t know she had a new graphic novel out and so immediately had to buy it. Her writing is hilarious and the illustrations are cute, pretty, clever, all the adjectives!


I’m not the kind of person to have more than one book on the go at a time and so to have five is a bit extraterrestrial to me (I really need to stop watching The X Files)

Best wishes and DFTBA

Jaz x


No comments:

Post a Comment